Thursday, May 14, 2009

Last Names



Thoughts:




I drive a lot, I have been a "commuter" for several years now. My longest commute was from Tooele to Riverton, but I have seen much on the road, I-80, I-15, Banger, Old Bingham Highway, you name it I have commuted on it. I am always amused at what people drive on the road, amused at those "golf cart-looking" cars, PT Cruiser, Mini Cooper, the over sized trucks with little men in them, and the always delightful "wingo's" you know the car with the spoiler (I got a spoiler for you, you will die alone inside joke) the sweet rims, low profile, and so forth. I can't get too far into how amusing these cars are to me, because I once thought my Chevy Beretta was one sweet taco. Swwweet ride huh. Back to my thought. Lately I have noticed a lot of vehicles with the last name plastered all over the back window. Words like "Sanchez," "Rodriguez," and the like, but never "Smith," or "Jones" I am sure Jones would be proud of his/her heritage because that is what I think these people are doing, they are proud to be Rodriguez, Sanchez, Taco-Burrito, and just want you to know it. Then there is the ultimate decal, the one that really gets me, no not the mini van with the bullets decal, or soccer smashed window, but the family decal, you know the one with the dad, mom, kids, and pets. These people are Bad_A#$$
The decal I find most disturbing is the "gay" family decal, the one with two women, kids, and pets. I once saw a decal in Tooele with two women, kids, pets, and grandma. Now that is trying to be discrete, gay power it's on the move. It really is cool to be "gay," that douche bag judge ranting about Miss "Hoe" California wanted to make the pageant a gay spot light. You think about it what do you remember about the pageant at all? Nothing, except hot chicks, and the gay argument. I don't want you to get the wrong image, I am not being a "hater" but I just think their is enough noise about being gay. When do I get a break for being married, when do I get a whole media blitz for my eight years of marriage? I just have to laugh at the whole thing when I think about it. Anyway enjoy the bumper stickers out there on the road. http://www.familystickers.com The guy who creates these stickers could care less, Rodriguez, lesbo, or whatever as long as you are buying.

7 comments:

Bob May 15, 2009 at 7:37 AM  

My personal favorites are the Calvin pissing stickers. I kinda want to get one with Calvin urinating on all american auto makers who are being "bailed out" That would be sweet. I just find it really hard to believe that someone who drives a Chevy truck could really hate Dodge so much that they would take the time, money and effort to put a cartoon figure wizzing on a Dodge logo on the window of their new truck. I can see this guy at the dealership asking the salesman if they could include the Calvin pissing sticker as part of the final sale.

Truck Buyer: "I love the truck and all, but it just seems like its missing something..."
Chevy Salesman: "We can throw in a sticker of Calvin pissing on the car company logo of your choosing to sweeten the pot."
Truck Buyer: "Sold!"

I can see hating a person or perhaps a species of animal to that extent, but not a car company. I would love to see some guy with a Calvin peeing on a picture of his ex-girlfriend.

I could go on and on about bumper stickers, but I'll stop here...

Also, Its nice to see a post from you... Thanks

Lisa May 16, 2009 at 11:31 AM  

Can't you picture my awesome minivan rockin down the street with 'Shumway' plastered all over the back window? Now that would make me really cool!

Dave May 18, 2009 at 11:19 AM  

Bob, I to enjoy the Calvin sticker, what I don't get is the girl Calvin sticker peeing on stuff. That is just nasty. Thanks for your comments, always appreciated.

Dave May 18, 2009 at 11:20 AM  

Lisa,
As long as it is in Gothic looking letters then your ride is certified. Espcially in T-County.

Misty Moncur May 19, 2009 at 1:48 AM  

I'm pretty sure I pointed out the lesbo family sticker to you. So, are you saying you would not allow me to get a family sticker for our vehicle, cat included? Or a goth MONCUR sticker for the back window? Or hell, let's get us a RODRIGUEZ one; why not? This goes back to you not letting me get a "Baby on Board" sign for our passenger side window or put up the winnie the pooh window shade. Man, you're a party pooper.

Dave May 19, 2009 at 9:40 AM  

misty,
Poop Poop Poop Poop... Poop.
Do you really want to draw that much attention? I don't ever really want to be known around the neighborhood as the middle aged person on the block with the winnie the pooh flag on our porch. Or that dude/lady that have all the cats, or "ice cream guy" that gives out expired icecream for all the neighboorhood kids, or cop calling guy that can't let unshoveled sidewalks go without the cops knowing about it. I don't want to have a large family because of our constant new "baby on board" sign that we would have to replace year after year on account of the sun warping the old one. I don't want any of these things ever to be associated with me. Misty, If these are your goals and asperations then I don't know who you are! You could be some alien BEN 10 life form wanting to suck out my brains and make me a part of the living dead army force trying to takeover the world and I will have none of this.
Kammi will avenge me.

Misty Moncur May 22, 2009 at 11:31 AM  

Ha. She's no match for me.

  © Blogger template 'Fly Away' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP