Thursday, December 4, 2008

Greatful.... Bah Humbug!

I don't want to be grateful, I want to sleep and watch football. I want to rest with a cold soda, club sandwich, and watch football. I want to listen to my mp3 player, relax with a cold soda, club sandwich and flip though the judge Judy on t.v. I don't want to pack, move, work, sell stuff, find stuff, be nice, clip Zach or Kamrynn's toe nails, serve, waiter, family mover guy, kid russ'lin, and friends of the kids kick them out exterminator person. No, I don't want to do any of these things lately. All the things that bring me joy now are terrible things. Things like watching old You Tube episodes of the Red-Green show, or things that suck up my time like blog reading or posting when in fact I should be concentrating on other important things. No, I do not want to have to fax, e-mail, listen to my boss, or run another inventory cycle count. No, I don't want to have to gather up important papers, run to freaking Idaho twice in a week, or try to make arraignments to get out of work when right now work sounds GREAT! Yes, I want a cold soda, good football game, and a club sandwich. No, I do not want to work on finding out any of the great mysteries of the universe, I just want a cold soda, club sandwich, and a good night's sleep. Maybe I will listen one more time as the mortgage guy says, "yeah Dave, I need a copy of your W-2 from 1985" or I need another copy of bla bla bla even though you sent that to me yesterday. No I don't want to answer your gospel question in Sunday school, I just want to listen. No, don't ask me to be Joseph in the play, I am not an actor or singer, or transformer. Yes, I am a Grinch green all over this year but sometime soon the sun will come out again, and I will be ready for that time with a cold soda, club sandwich, and a good time at hand.

10 comments:

Misty Moncur December 5, 2008 at 12:25 AM  

Grateful! I am grateful! Grateful to get away! Name that movie.

You sound like Percy when he was put-upon.

Heather December 5, 2008 at 7:38 AM  

I'm sorry you feel that way Dave. It sucks when life just throws so much at you at one time that you feel like you are barely keeping your head above water. But I think pretty soon the arm of life gets tired and stops throwing things for a while. I hope that it gets tired real soon for you!

chickychick1975 December 5, 2008 at 9:18 AM  

Would you like some cheese with that whine??? My goodness, but you get fussy when you haven't eatten anything or done something that you want to do. So.. why don't you just stop for an hour and do what you want to do? You want a sandwich...get a sandwich..you want a foot ball game??? Well, I can't help you there....eat drink and be merry because if you're not happy no one is happy!! get it? Got it? Good....and this crap about running to Idaho twice a week...ya that's crap! I hate travle....but you needed mom's help so BE GRATEFUL and EAT SOMETHING!

ok, I love you

Ann

Poohbear December 5, 2008 at 9:59 AM  

I agree with Ann...Stop the winning and do someting that makes U happy....So make a sandwich..and relax..oh if U can't find football try a movie...

Lisa December 5, 2008 at 12:08 PM  

Anastasia

Anonymous December 5, 2008 at 8:17 PM  

A-Freakin'-men Dave, Amen! A cold soda and a good football game, that's all I really want. No work, no stress, just a cold drink and a good football game. We should start a club, ya know? Or maybe just set up a big t.v. somewhere and whoever shows up shows up, no talking, just watching the game with their own cold soda (that they provided themselves of course)

Dave December 6, 2008 at 4:41 PM  

Heather B, Thank you for letting me know that there is a time when life stops and takes a break.

Russ, I do have plans for our upstairs room to have a couch, t.v. and mini-fridge. Come on over.

Ann, no whine, but some dr. pepper could go a long ways.

Heather M,
posting about my club sandwich made me hungry so I made one and watched t.v. show 24, go Jack Bower.

Lisa,
Darn right!

Misty,
I don't know need another hint.

Robert December 8, 2008 at 4:00 PM  

Ha ha ha! What a blog!! I'm on a hot chocolate kick though, but the football sounds nice. It's hard to explain to people when you just don't want to have to think for a while. But, all said, you guys seem to be doing super well and I'm excited to help you move into your NEW HOUSE!!! Best part? Nobody has EVER lived there. Ever! You can fart in a house that nobody has ever farted in. Now that's freedom! bilatic

Dave December 8, 2008 at 6:05 PM  

Rob,
Your sence of flatulence and the amazing things you can do with it in a new place scares me! You can pass gas in our place any 'ol time!

chickychick1975 December 8, 2008 at 7:00 PM  

they say satisfactory Gas bubbles increase your self esteem. When your walking alone the isles of Target and let a rip you apprear to have a mysterious smile that others will mistake for guilty guilty guilty


so they say

  © Blogger template 'Fly Away' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP