Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Got an Air Brushed Jewel on my desktop


So I got this air brushed picture of Jewel (the singer) on my desk top. She's smokin' hot. I understand the whole digital correction, but wow, some dude that went to years and years of air brush school, and poof! I got a hot jewel on my desk top. America is grand. I also got some junk at the auction off of 5600 West on Saturday. By far the most fun I have had in... that isn't true. I did have moments of fun bidding out old ladies for trinkets. Stompin' on old ladies, what a true non steroid game that is. Danny and Rob went and I sort of butted myself in and went. Rob was smart enough to suggest breakfast at McDonald's (by far the only reason they are in business). I was hoping to get some bargain buy that would just baffle the mind but that truly didn't come without a price. I bid on a busted air compressor, I paid $50.00 dollars it will need possibly $5.00 to get it to work. A new air compressor of similar size is $48.00 dollars. You do the math. The next item is a couch. I thought this would be a grand steal of the day. A leather and micro-fiber combination, which would easily sell for $500.00. My winning bid, $30.00 bucks, but I figure I will have to put a few hours into fixing the frame and cost of supplies makes my couch a $100.00 "project". The last item was sort of a surprise. I paid $30.00 dollars for a new in the box camcorder, 16 mega pixel camera, and mp3 player. It is by far the deal that made strapping that couch into a packed 4Runner, 55 mph down I-80, and a worried wife all worth it.

I also got a couple of kitchen chairs for $10 bucks. I lost a fabric bid to a Relief Society councilor but she took pity on me and let me buy 28 yards from her for $10 bucks. That was christian. Thanks Rob and Danny for some fun times.

10 comments:

Misty Moncur February 19, 2009 at 3:38 PM  

Yeah, Christian. Thanks for going! Even if the couch is a project, I still really like it. Even though at first I thought you might be crazy.

Robert February 19, 2009 at 4:42 PM  

It is a beautiful couch. I'm glad you guys made it home ok. It was a good auction, though I would def do it differently next time, like, I would buy stuff, and I wouldn't be there the whole time. Anyways, thanks for coming, it was fun, and definitely a new experience for me :)
quinimul

Dave February 19, 2009 at 8:51 PM  

It was fun hanging out, and waiting to swoop in on some sweet auction action. definately do things diffrent, like leave and come back when the line has moved!

Dave February 19, 2009 at 8:54 PM  

Misty, when we get done with all of this stuff we are going to be so uber pimpin' fly mac-daddy sweet.

Bob February 19, 2009 at 9:16 PM  

Jewel is way hot... you are brave to have her on your desktop...
Did you know that Jewel, yes, the Jewel is going to be on Dancing With the Stars this season. I am more excited about this than I was Misty May... Did I mention that Jewel is hot?

Dave February 19, 2009 at 9:37 PM  

Thanks Bob! I too share in the awareness of Misty May's hotness and the Jewel.
Misty (my wife) and I are "fans" (not stalkers) of Jewel. I do look forward to seeing her and the cowboy she married dance on national television, in HD of course. Should be as good as watching paint dry, but I am willing to try.

Bob February 23, 2009 at 6:40 AM  

I hate to admit that I watch dancing with the stars. The show itself sucks, but the lady dancers are fun to watch... and since my wife watches I can totally get away with it...

Misty Moncur February 26, 2009 at 2:43 PM  

So the general consensus is HOT and not SNAGGLE TOOTHED?

Poohbear February 27, 2009 at 8:01 PM  

Graet Job Dave....I don't think I have here of Jewel...sorry

Kristin Sokol March 5, 2009 at 8:26 AM  

Jewel is hot. I am not afraid to admit that I have abig girl crush on her.

And chap stuff how cool is that. I am jealous.

In a shocking turn of events...

I changed my blog address to
http://thevocalsokool.blogspot.com/
so your link to my blog won't work anymore unless you change it to the new blog address.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Will you do me a favor and leave me a comment so I know you changed your link and found my new blog address.

Thanks--Kristin

  © Blogger template 'Fly Away' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP