Monday, February 2, 2009

SUPER "RIP-OFF" Bowl

Does anyone else feel cheated? Ben Hamburger didn't appear in the game until the last minute, Why wasn't James Harrison ejected? ... He's a great player, but his cheap shot on Aaron Francisco in the fourth quarter was totally inexcusable. Cardinal defence apparently couldn't do anything without a flag. The game just left the impression that the NFL is more concerned about its business aspect, tied with endorsements and corporate money. Citi Bank spent 1 million of its bail-out fund to sponsor the Super Bowl. It's things of that nature that take any fun out of the sport. It's dirty and not a true sport when money seems to rule the out come. I wonder what incentives the ref's got for making such a spectacle. I realize that this is late, but worth it right? What about Pres. Obama lettin' all the private business in America get a hand on 780 billion does that chap anyone else's hide? Anyway Country Jam is coming in June to Grand Junction Colorado and I want to go hang with the country hippies sounds like fun huh. I am ready for the spring to arrive, not so much about the hot days of summer but spring would be great. In March I hope to take our family to Moab and get lost for a few days. There is a great place that James and Heather showed us years ago at a KOA with cabins for relatively cheap. Moab always amazes me. Anyway I am looking forward to some good times this spring and looking forward to welcoming the warmer weather.

3 comments:

Heather February 12, 2009 at 11:06 AM  

Moab in March sounds like lots of fun. We haven't been back since the truck died down there with you guys! I guess we oughta go take the girls down one day!

chickychick1975 February 12, 2009 at 8:13 PM  

WHere the heck is moab?? I want warm weather too....I liked your post yeah for the super....bowl. I saw Matlock on DVD dad would of liked that

Poohbear February 13, 2009 at 9:26 AM  

Dave U sound alot like UR dad...U always love watching sports with dad....

  © Blogger template 'Fly Away' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP