Sunday, January 11, 2009

All The Stuff I Got

Everyone has stuff, lots of just stuff. I have a box full of cables, old cords, things that I am sure are meant to be thrown away and yet I have it. I was hoping to get rid of the odd stuff as we moved but I am still finding just boxes and more stuff. I really wished I would have let the box with all the "craft crap" fall out of the back of our 4 Runner (Mark calls it a Pilot) and smash all over the road, I wouldn't have stopped not even if it hit a little old lady waiting for the bus.

Misty and I have been really good at not collecting just things, or holding on to old worn out things, but I still find boxes of odd stuff. I am of the philosophy that if I can throw it away I will.

Switching gears, I am beating Misty to this post, she will have to tell you her side later.
Adam and Michelle, Steve and Kristin, and Teresa and all the babies came to pay us a visit, something Teresa, Kristin, and Misty have done each new year or as often as life permits is to make chili together and hang out. So we got to do Chili is fine '09 or something to that affect at our Moncur barn. Great friends, Misty changed her name to Juanita and made some really great tamales. The food was great, the company was the best! We are so grateful to have good friends.

9 comments:

Misty Moncur January 11, 2009 at 9:42 PM  

How many times must I tell you? The name is Rosario!

Dave January 12, 2009 at 9:22 AM  

I should have said Juanitica the gypsy dancing queen. Sounds much more exotic and sexy don't you think?

Bob January 12, 2009 at 11:33 AM  

So Steve and Kristin were at my parents house last night and he told the story of how they were at your new house and you were playing video games and you said something to Steve about me and the video game and he was all like... "how do you know Bob?" and then he remembered the whole blog scene. yeah, so what video game were you playing?

And yes, "Janatica the gypsy danding queen" does sound more exotic and sexy than Rosario or Jaunita for that matter.

The Eggleston family January 12, 2009 at 4:53 PM  

I have a grocery store bag full of cables, you know, for the back of the t.v.. I don't know why but I can't throw it away. We've used one of them. That was it. a short one, not even one that would change the size of the bag. Maybe I just think the world will run out of coaxial cable and I will be a rich man because of my little bag. Just remember that when it happens.

-Jared

P.S. When there's a shortage of screws and nails, you can call me for that one, too. Another thing I can't seem to throw away. I have concrete nails from framing houses, like I'm going to use those in the next few years!!!

Dave January 12, 2009 at 7:56 PM  

Bob come help Zach and me beat this Lego Star Wars game. Also how come Steve forgot that we're blogging buddies? We all should get together at Steve's or something and B.B.Q but please no baked beans it gives Misty the gas.

Dave January 12, 2009 at 7:58 PM  

Jar'd I'll take your stuff off your hands and burry it in our crawl space that is really 8' deep so even you could stand up in it. I could use some of those nailing supplies you got, the wind out here blows all sorts of crap around it's like we live in a desert or something. How is school and stuff?

Bob January 13, 2009 at 11:23 AM  

I am currently sitting at approximately 96% complete on Lego Star Wars. This has to be my #1 favorite video game to date... make that #2... here is my list:
1. RBI baseball for NES
2. Lego Star Wars for the Wii
3. Twisted Metal 2 for PS
4. Madden any year for any system
5. Star Wars: Knights for the Old Republic for PC
6 - 10. The Legend of Zelda for NES, Metroid for NES, Mike Tyson's Punchout for NES, Mario Kart for the Wii, and Solitair on my Palm Pilot (best time waster to date).
We just got a Wii Fit yesterday...it is suprisingly fun.

Lets make this BBQ thing happen... now that Steve and Kristin have a Wii, we can wii all night long

Bob January 13, 2009 at 11:27 AM  

I also forgot to mention that I too have a collection of various old coaxial, RCA, USB, parallel port, and phone cables; not to mention old random lengths of speaker wire. I had it in a box until Hana condensed it into a nice large tupperware-style tote. Hana wants me to get rid of it, but I cannot count how many times I have actually opened that tote and pulled out just the cable/cord/wire that I need... My tote is invaluable

Misty Moncur January 18, 2009 at 12:30 AM  

Uh, the gas?

  © Blogger template 'Fly Away' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP