Saturday, May 24, 2008

Crap in my garage, and bums


Misty and I wanted to see some friends of ours (new baby) so we went about our Saturday doing what we do but sort of on edge. Not mad, but we all felt as Misty would put it "jostled" which means give me my space. So off we went to SLC, thought we could make a pit stop at one of our favorite soda holes, Hearts on 7200 south. While stopped at the light, we talked about how on edge we were feeling and that Satan was working against us, so I thought I would thwart him off by doing something good? Everyone has seen a bum, not just your hind end parts, but the ones at the corner asking for your money mostly. I spotted me a bum, and sure enough he was taking hand outs so I gathered my handful of car change and just as I was rolling down my window... raised my arm to hand out the money.... eye contact was made between the bum and me... he made his move closer... he stepped off the sidewalk... walked toward me... my window all the way down, arm extended... closer... then the light changed! Traffic began to move, he stepped back onto the side walk, but my arm was outside the window, I had a choice to make, a decision that would make me a better man, a kind, giving man, a man my wife could be proud of, then I decided. I flung the change at him and punched the gas! How crappy a person am I! I threw money at a poor person, and I feel so bad because of it. I didn't look back but I am sure he got my few dollars in change and a life lesson, time your begging with the flow of traffic. We got our sodas, saw the new angel, and made merry on our way back home. Now as far as kids messing around with my stuff goes, my little miscreants scatter all my tools, sticks, bikes, water bottles, toys, boxes, dirt, and anything else they deem necessary to scatter in my garage. Garages are for two things, provide shelter for my crap and shelter for fixing my crap. I have storage boxes, lawn mower, cars, bikes, just too much crap for my garage to handle. Sometimes I feel like it's a popcorn bag waiting to bust open. I am grateful for my abused garage though.

2 comments:

Robert May 25, 2008 at 11:03 PM  

So what you are saying is that you could bounce a quarter off that bum? Nice. That's always a good day. ;) My problem is I never have change, but I understand the timing with the lights thing. I see bums all the time on off ramps of the freeway, I'm like, dude, I was just going 65 miles an hour and am stopped for 10 seconds at this light, you need to find a better spot to stand. Location location location.

Misty Moncur May 26, 2008 at 4:20 PM  

A man your wife would be proud of? Don't you me embarrassed by? But there's nothing like laughing your head off at how your husband threw money at a bum to chase Satan away.

  © Blogger template 'Fly Away' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP