Friday, August 15, 2008

Men at Costco


A few points I want to make.
A. Why is there so many men at Costco during normal work hours? Do they not have families to tend to? while I rush in to get my $1.50 hot dog and soda during my lunch hour. I think to myself what are all these dudes doing here? Could it be some sort of migration instinct, for what seems like thousands of men to come to Costco during lunch. Weird.

B. I-80 driver's. Misty and I have had some close calls on the road. I.E. if you drive I-80 here, watch out, there are some bad drivers.

C. Now that the state has gone to a more environmental-Eco-friendly schedule, it has thrown off the timing of my regular commute, in a good way I have noticed less morning hassle.

D. Zach. Spider boy is loosing his first tooth. The day that he noticed his tooth becoming loose, he screamed like a girl and was frantic. Only after his mother told his it was "cool" to loose a tooth did he become normal again.

E. Metro-sexuals. That's a real problem with me. The whole idea creeps me out. Men wanting to become fashionable, keep your homo agenda to yourself, homo.

F. Stuff in my house that I can't seem to find because of my children's toy box, blankets, movies, and other paraphernalia. It seems to me that my offspring tend to rule this home by pushing out me and my crap. Case in point, the kids have made it a point to pull down the box of toys marked "useless and stored for moving day" on account that Zach was quote, "looking for something."
G. Things that must go: Neighborhood kids at 5:30 p.m. I am tired and want to spend time with my family, neighborhood kids need to beat it. Gas prices. Soda refills for $1.25, and groceries in general. Ward activities director. R.C. Willy in general. VW Jetta drivers, Dodge Neon's, and finally blue hair'd old lady drivers. Sean Hanity, Rush, and the other main-stream media war-mongers.

H. Things that need to come back: $1.00 movie theater. ESPN (1999 ESPN without all the extra ESPN) Quarter pop in Harrisville. Adam my old roommate. Dates with my wife, dating Misty is a lot of fun. VH-1 when it was cool to watch. MASH, Dukes of Hazard, and Love Boat (because now I can watch it and see why my parents made me go to bed when it was on). 1995 Country music and finally my size 32 waist, mind 34-36 but I could be happy with 32.

In closing:
Everyone enjoy the Olympics!

12 comments:

Bonnie August 16, 2008 at 12:12 AM  

Love the picture. Rush Limbaugh is my hero!

Misty Moncur August 16, 2008 at 1:07 AM  

I had some things like that on my mind lately, too....

chickychick1975 August 16, 2008 at 7:12 AM  

you make me laugh! I laugh hard with I read you!!

Dave August 16, 2008 at 8:43 AM  

Bonnie you don't mean that!

Dave August 16, 2008 at 8:44 AM  

ann it's my job to complain and yet do nothing.

Bob August 16, 2008 at 11:18 PM  

I used to be one of those guys that had a job with weird hours... we'd go to the zoo on like a Tuesday afternoon and I always thought: "wow, there are a lot of other guys here with their families." This made me think that
a. lots of guys are pharmacists that work 12 hour shifts (not likely)
b. lots of guys take days off on the same day to go to the zoo, like the zoo was on everyone's mind and was like, hey I'll take tomorrow off and go to the zoo. (possible, but unlikely)
c. there are lots of guys that don't work and live off the government or disability. (hmmmmm)

I hate big trucks on I-80. I like to cut them off and flip them off and then think to myself "see if you would have taken 215 around like they (UDOT) asked you would not have been cut off and flipped off by some weenie in a civic."

They should move the barrier thing on I-80 so that 3 lanes go East before 3pm. I get off work at 3:30 and it's still just 2 lanes going East. So I am stuck in a parking lot, while people going West just fly by with those damn smirks on their faces....I often flip them off too just out of principle

Kristin Sokol August 17, 2008 at 8:12 PM  

I love this blog. What is it with kids and tons of stuff. I remember when lyssa was a baby we didn;t have anythig for her and we liked it that way. Then came her first b-day and all the crap. It's been down hill ever since then. Now we have so much crap we had to finish the basement just so spiders didn't crawl all over it down there. Spiders are apparently intimidated by dry-wall and paint, because they have vanished.

Yall be careful on the I-80's. I want you safe.

Dave August 18, 2008 at 12:24 PM  

Bonnie-
Rush is like Jobba the hut, and also like Pizza the hut I just wish Rush would eat himself like in the movie.

Dave August 18, 2008 at 12:32 PM  

Bob-
UDOT is the devils power unleashed here on Earth just to spit those of us trying to eak our way in and out of Salt Lake.

Dave August 18, 2008 at 12:36 PM  

Steve and Kristin -
I say HA!towards you and all of your kids toys. I can't give you the whole double HA! HA! on account that you have a basement for things like that (speaking of the basement it turned out great, props to Indigo Montoya and Co.) Soon, Sunny will add to the pile!

Poohbear August 18, 2008 at 6:34 PM  

Very Funny DAve

Gary August 18, 2008 at 11:06 PM  

This blog was awesome

  © Blogger template 'Fly Away' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP