Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The Work Dumpster Diver Guy

I have a weekly dumpster diver that likes to visit my work. I work in an industrial area where there are a lot of diffrent warehouse and machine shops around. Also there is a huge recycling center a few miles away. This place is a mecca for all sorts of Gypsy's to take various metals and other metal stuff and sell it, maybe on E-bay, I don't really know. I have had this shaggy-hair, drifter come almost weekly to dive our dumpster, and each time he comes I have to shew him off like a fly. You see I don't care if he wants to dive into our trash and recycle all the used filters and other junk, it is better that he comes to collect the stuff so that it can be recycled anyway, if he can make a buck or two that's fine by me. The problem is the caveman's timing is always wrong, I constantly have traffic in and around our building because we have a stock yard were we sell our fuel tanks, and traffic seems to always be moving. The vehicle that Mr. Diver drives is an old Chevy truck held together with chicken wire and can fit three other guys that seem to always tag along to help out or maybe they are the pit crew for the truck for when it breaks down. I have meet with the diver group and even given them bottled water while I explained to them that it was important not to come trash collecting during working hours, but to come freely after hours. Each time the Sasquatch man appears with his freak parade, I have been polite and asked him to move his hill-billy mobile while I worked around his diving opps. I have dealt with the caveman who doesn't seem to speak a lick of English, but does understand "va-man-ous! el creep-os!!" I realize that he is probably supporting all of his family members in Mexico by recycling our waste, but I have told him too many times before to come after hours, so today I let him have it. I again found his truck blocking the entry while our customer had to wait to enter our stock yard. This time I did something diffrent, instead of asking him to stop what he and his g-grew were doing and move his truck, I simply started my forklift and I picked up his beater mobile with our fork lift, then moved his truck for him by lifting it with my forklift and moving it down the 200 foot drive, then across the street. I set it down gently and politely told him, and the freaks they had to beat it now. He cursed me out in Spanish or something, I don't think he had all of his teeth so I assume it was Spanish, a lot of nashing of teeth or gums. I wonder if he will listen and come get our used crap after hours like I asked. Something new to post anyway.

13 comments:

The Eggleston family August 28, 2008 at 7:49 AM  

That ROCKS! I've always wanted to do something like that but I've never really had the guts to do it! Not to mention the forklifts I've driven probably weren't heavy enough to balance the weight.

Dave August 28, 2008 at 8:07 AM  

The truck was a two wheel drive long bed so I just lached onto the back bumper and dragged the front a little bit. I wasn't what I wanted to do, but I hope the point was made!

Misty Moncur August 28, 2008 at 4:47 PM  

I know that Mr. Diver has been buggin you for a while.
Good for you. Take a stand.

Gary August 30, 2008 at 4:37 PM  

That is just priceless. How awesome. I wish I could have seen that.There were times when I was driving the forklift I so wanted to do something like that when I was errrked at a customer or some one that just wasnt suppost to be there. nice job. I give you a standing ovation. bravo

chickychick1975 September 2, 2008 at 7:49 PM  

Diver Diver ...here is a sling shot and a rock.....you know what to do with it...
love ya

Kristin Sokol September 5, 2008 at 2:11 PM  

Okay...I guess I need a fork lift. THen I could take care of bidness my damn self. Just like you Dave.

Just think of all the people and things I could move by my self if I had my own fork lift.

Great job Dave take a stand. FYI, probably a spanish english dictionary would have done the trick too, but I like what you did better.

...Moving a hairy mexican chicken wire truck...PRICELESS.

Heather September 6, 2008 at 6:47 AM  

remind me never to park in your driveway....

The Eggleston family September 7, 2008 at 2:49 PM  

Have a little courtesy! When you went chip diving you NEVER went during the day! That just wasn't cool. (And they hadn't thrown out the old chips yet ;) )

Bob September 14, 2008 at 10:17 PM  

That is awesome...

Misty Moncur October 1, 2008 at 3:06 PM  

DEAR DAVE, MAKE A NEW POST. LOVE, MISTY

The Eggleston family October 2, 2008 at 4:18 PM  

I second that!
Jared

Gary October 2, 2008 at 10:39 PM  

I third that.
Gary

Poohbear October 5, 2008 at 10:22 AM  

OK me 2......NEW POST PLEASE??????????

  © Blogger template 'Fly Away' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP