Monday, October 13, 2008

The Awsome-ness of the 4-Runner




I have introduced my son to some of the old t.v. shows I used to enjoy when I was a kid, Dukes of Hazard, and Night Rider to name a few. He has a fascination with the "General Lee" a bright orange Dodge Charger complete with a confederate flag paint job. With Net-Flicks we have seen a couple of the episodes and the high flying action of the General Lee.

Moving on... Sunday afternoon we went searching for a dirt road to explore. Mostly to get out of the house and see some of the last fall colors here in hill-billy heaven. Finding a dirt road isn't too hard but traveling can be. I should have taken better pictures of where we were and the road we were on, but I guess the words will have to do. Our truck as we call it is a Toyota ('yoda by the locals) 4 Runner. It isn't the v-8 which I am glad it isn't, but the more powerful v-6. The fun part about this whole blog is this. Misty almost pucked, hurled, blew chunks, lost her toilet, I heard that phrase in Texas once. We 4 'wheeled in places that looked like only AT V's could go. It was awesome! The 4 Runner has a standard locking center differential, and a really cool feature called DOC which only works in 4 lo, lowest gear, the function works with the transmission and brakes to keep the vehicle at 2 miles per hour, we crawled up steep trails and down some funky hills. Kamrynn and Misty didn't much care for the adventure, but me and Zach had a blast. My brothers and sister remember "Pee-Wees" gravel pit, well amplify it by 5 it was that cool.

4 comments:

Misty Moncur October 14, 2008 at 10:21 AM  

Remember that time when we were dating and you were driving too fast through construction down that big hill in South Ogden and you made me cry? Multiply by three with my babies rolling down the side of a hill. You're right, Zach probably would have loved it. And there's always insurance right? Am I right or am I right? Or am I right?

Poohbear October 14, 2008 at 1:05 PM  

Oh YES the Blue Brono could jump..
Pee Wee's was a blast...Boy that really tells me HOW OLD I AM..Gary
and I was dateing no wait He was on his mission...Hey Dave...Do U remember who else was with us???? I was really fun...........

Kristin Sokol October 16, 2008 at 2:32 PM  

How many cars did you wreck while working for Saturn of Riverdale??? Oh...and wasn't one of them a corvette? Or was that just a close call?

Yah...maybe that's why she didn't much care for it. I wouldn't either.

Dave October 16, 2008 at 5:01 PM  

maybe a 'vette maybe a 3000 GT, maybe I punk'd a Saturn or two. It was a fun thing to see how fast you can get a 3 squaril, 1 gerbal Saturn to go down 31st in Ogden, my own version of Dukes of Hazard. Good times

  © Blogger template 'Fly Away' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP