Sunday, October 26, 2008

A Few Things

This is our future back yard, the grade will slope enough for us to have a split level back yard.
Which means more work.
As you drive into the neighborhood, sweet huh?


Misty and I wanted to try a date night with the kids. This is the jest of it.
Friday night the fam and I went on a "double date" that's right, Kamrynn was my date and Zach was Misty's. We explained that on a date we don't fart and think it's funny, (even though everyone does) we open the door for girls, and always say nice things.

We wanted to try something local so we went to dinner in Grantsville at some China Bob's Chinese joint. I don't like Chinese as much, I just can't get behind people thinking that rice is a course in the meal, that it should be served alone as it's own meal. Rice is like a snack that fills you before you get the good stuff. That being said I wasn't in too much support of China Bob.

The local scene was Grantsville, they had CNN on a flat screen playing in the back ground. The Po-Po Platter was a nice meal to share, Kamrynn was most disappointed because there were no french fries. Zach on the other hand didn't want to try much except for the egg rolls, which he devoured. Misty loves Chow-Min and about the only thing we could get Kam to eat were the little corn vegetables mixed in with the Chow-Min. The locals drifted in and out with various sizes and shapes, families, and singles, couples with matching Harley Davidson jackets, and one man who was still wearing his bright orange highway road crew vest. It was awesome. Like I said, I don't support rice as a meal, but the rest of the dinner was great. We did take home extra Chow-Min, egg rolls, and Won-Ton which is my favorite. During the date Kamrynn and Zach needed to excuse themselves to use the bathroom, Zach doesn't need too much supervision, but Kamrynn still yells at the top of her bathroom voice, "I'm DONE!!" whomever takes Kamrynn to the bathroom gets the famous yell announcing her triumph and successfully defeating of the pot.

It was mine to suffer... publicly. Misty's date got the door for her and said nice things, my date got me a full moon and a smile.

We ended dinner and paid for our extra China Bob's food and got ice cream at Solburg's Market.
I figured we would run into some of Misty's family there but our shopping went unnoticed.
Western Family has some grommet ice cream and I remember James telling me about it so we went with the best, Moose Tracks. Russell's brand ice cream has somehow cheeped out on the peanut butter cups, making me revert back to the Blue Bunny brand, but somehow Western Family pulled it off and made a real good Moose Tracks.

Our date ended at 9 o'clock! Our kids were bushed and luckily fighting a cold so off to bed they went with Robitussin dreams to sustain them.
Oh yeah, earlier in the day we went to check out what the dude is going on with our house here are the latest results.

4 comments:

Gary October 27, 2008 at 7:06 PM  

The house is really starting to look great. Heather and I plan on coming out to visit you guys more. way to go on the date with your full moon and a smile.

Dave October 27, 2008 at 8:22 PM  

that full moon will be four years old in a few weeks. Crazy eh?
bring mountain dew when you come.

Misty Moncur October 28, 2008 at 2:52 PM  

Did I give permission for inlaws to come over?

Bonnie October 29, 2008 at 11:21 PM  

I happen to greatly enjoys blogs that are full of fluff and kid stuff, not that yours is either :) I hope to have a blog like that someday...
The house is looking awesome and I also love the part in your blog about the full moon. too cute!

  © Blogger template 'Fly Away' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP