Saturday, October 4, 2008

BYU


Brigham Young... The words make one shutter in ones underpants alone. You return missionaries out there, did any of you ever feel a little nervous when a member of the seventy would come visit your mission? I always got nervous when we were visited by our rep from the seventy. That nervous feeling is almost how I feel about B Y U.

Anyway to focus on my topic B Y U, I am not a fan of the college as much as I am of the men's football and basketball teams. I loved watching them play when I was a kid with my family. My dad was a huge fan of B Y U sports. Lots of screaming, jumping, and mom making popcorn all for our enjoyment. Good times with the family.

I always believed I would attend B Y U at some point in my life. I figured that I would become a great financial wizard and a B Y U grad. Luckily at the point of picking a school to attend my grades saved me from what would have been a teenage disaster. As I grew up a little, finished my mission in Texas, I could see how it takes a real desire to attend B Y U. Good for those people who did. I just think that being a sports fan of B Y U is enough. As far as the U goes.... got to love the Utes just the same.

7 comments:

Misty Moncur October 10, 2008 at 12:41 AM  

I remember how much your dad like BYU football.

Poohbear October 10, 2008 at 10:51 AM  

Dad Loved football and when he couldn't see the game I I could because of different cable providers...Boy I really miss him because football and cowboys, grand kids and the rest of us he LOVED US ALL....

Bob October 11, 2008 at 8:24 PM  

I spent 3 years at the Y... yep, just 3. I am proud to say that I am a BYU dropout, not only that , but my mom, my dad, my 2 brothers, my sister, and even one sister-in-law graduated from the Y. I graduated from the U of U... I couldn't wait to get outta Provo when I was there, couldn't stand the place, but I LOVE, repeat LOVE BYU football and cannot stand, I dare say HATE Utah football....or mabe it is just the drunkies that go to the games just to see how much of an a$$ they can make of themselves...

Go Cougs!!

Gary October 11, 2008 at 10:25 PM  

I was a football fan because of dad and I still like it and I still like the cougars. I miss those days when he would yell and jump up and spill the popcorn all over the floor because of a touchdown. thanks for that memory.

chickychick1975 October 12, 2008 at 12:21 PM  

ok..here is my impression of daddy and football...GO GO GOGO GO GOGO GOG OGOGOGOGOGOG!!! whooo hoo yeahhh! HISTERICAL SCREAMING INSERTED HERE..... and when his team didn't win...he was very grumpy.

I miss dad....but I do remember having to put up with football...it's not so bad now.

The Eggleston family October 12, 2008 at 8:57 PM  

I'm just happy you put up a new post! I haven't even read it yet.

Dave October 13, 2008 at 7:01 PM  

To everyone, today has been 6 months from the passing of my father. He was a good man and a great B Y U fan.
But I don't want to focus on that right now. I can't wait for the BYU vrs. Utah game. Anyone want to go and meet up at the stadium?

  © Blogger template 'Fly Away' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP