Sunday, July 20, 2008

Drive In Movie

Have you seen Kung-Fu Panda? If you have seen this movie by choice maybe you wont like this post and should leave now. If you have a kid, then my guess is you have. In fact, I can almost promise that all of the parents out there in the world can name at least ten cartoons without stopping to think about it. Disney is an evil empire even though this is not a Disney show. Misty and I loaded up the 4Runner with our little herd and took off for the drive in movie in Tooele. When I pulled into a spot, I sort of felt like a refugee in a camp of some sorts, cars, trucks, campers, and mini-vans all spread out with small bar-b-q's and lawn chairs. Jeff Foxworthy would have been proud of some of the attendees. when the movie came to an end I asked my son to come with me so that he could use the bathroom before the next movie started which was Indiana Jones. We get to the men's room and it was a solid line of little boys with there dad's waiting to pee. The scene was one that if you are shy in public you would be horrified. Zach turns to me before our turn and simply said "let's blow this taco stand Dad, there's lots of guys here." Misty and I use the term blow this taco stand a lot, but I didn't think my five year old could use it. I also didn't think that he would be shy about peeing in public but strangely he was. We went back to camp and he complained about having to go really bad. I did the next logical thing, we were in the last isle of cars and as dark as it was I simply let him pee on the car tire next to us. Yep, some stranger's car tire was pee'd on. Misty didn't know and still doesn't know until she reads this blog later. Zach asked me if I would pee with him too, so I did. We pee'd on the tire of some stranger together, now that is bonding right? The only disappointment at all was that Kamrynn got a fever that still hasn't let up. Any of you got some drive in stories to share? Maybe that left a door open to hear about how some of your children were conceived?

6 comments:

Bob July 20, 2008 at 10:01 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bob July 20, 2008 at 10:12 PM  

Oh by the way, I love the mental picture of you and your son peeing on another person's tire...especially after your last post about Mr. Sandler..."Big Daddy" was awesome too. "What's your name, he'll write it on the wall... mind your business! "

Gary July 20, 2008 at 11:12 PM  

O my goodness the little guy that is in my head is going wild on painting such a picture. I can't stop laughing. my nephew is awesome and he has such a wonderfull dad. I wonder if you will remeber this but dad got all us kids in the car and we went to the drive in in burley you know the one on alfresco. at that time haveing the movie sound come out of your car radio was big time technology then and they just barly took out the little boxes you stick in your car. well I remember the refugee came there to.

the movie was "Willow". and we had horrible reception on the radion good ol K.B.A.R the home town station. anyway we tried to watch the show but you put two members of the family in the car namly mom and ann and what do that do. you guessed it they zonk out. so here they are fast asleep us three boys in the back and dad up front by him self and he is not one for this movie and then I see him fall asleep and all the rest of us fall asleep

So here we are in the car all of us asleep. we wake up a little later and go home. Good times.

chickychick1975 July 21, 2008 at 7:30 AM  

you boys have it so easy when it comes to using the little "Men's" room... you just let it fly and off you go. WE wimmins have to squat! Now, I am not going to say that I am proud of what you have done, but if you had to go really bad then....it was appropriate...use someone else's car! excellent choice.

I love the part where Zach said..blow this taco stand! you rock Zach!!

love love

Misty Moncur July 22, 2008 at 12:30 AM  

I would like to make it clear that I did not know about this gross misuse of another person's personal property, and I did not and do not condone the teaching of our son that public urination, even be it in the dark, is appropriate behavior.

Poohbear July 24, 2008 at 10:07 AM  

I have never been to a drive-in-movie...maybe that why we have no kids...always whated to go....Heather

  © Blogger template 'Fly Away' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP