Tuesday, July 15, 2008

I watched the sun set

Awe, sunset, orange ball in the sky. No kids, no noise, no anoying ding! dong! ding! dong! of the door bell, no little face saying "can Zach and Kami play" which really means can your kid run in the street and play in the dirt with all the new home constuction and nails too? Some of the neighborhood kids just seem like the type who ride the short bus to kindergarden. Or the kid who says, "Zach can you play" to which Zach says "alright, as long as you don't fart on me". I really belive that we are all placed in the neighborhood we are in because the Lord wants us to learn something about the gospel. I have learned that two kids is enough to make me want to go mental, that town homes are not for everyone, and that crazy things happen when your kids are real quiet. Also I have learned that gospel principle's are not to be taken lightly. I was always told that my mission would prepare me for life. I do belive it did prepare me for marriage in the Temple, and for how I am to serve others, but I do have to say that I want to kick the guy in the nuts who said that mission service is the best two years of your life. The video called to serve needs to be updated with some sort of warning: what you are about to see is not actual events, some of these events are based on cartoons from living scriptures. I wouldn't want to discourage missionary service, because it is a responciblity that should be on the mind of every nineteen year old who is eligable to serve. Also, church meetings should start with sacrement first that way I get a damn seat with a cushion on it.

10 comments:

Amy July 15, 2008 at 10:14 PM  

You are so right about church. Thank you soooo much for the seats! Things were going great until.... I don't know, but Mae kept saying it was time to go home, so Matt told her OKAY! That was the end! better luck next time, and hopefully we can sit together again!

Misty Moncur July 16, 2008 at 10:48 AM  

I too was deliberately disillusioned by lds propaganda that was based on living scriptures cartoons which told me that I would have a beautiful life if I would just keep all the commandments all the time and basically just be good.

I love how in your posts you spout a big ol' pile o' shift work, and then somewhere hidden inside is a surprisingly poignant gem of insight. It's quite clever.

Annie July 16, 2008 at 11:18 AM  

i agree with misty. sorry you have so many kids in your neighborhood who need to ride the short bus. we have a sign a few houses down that says "slow children at play". atleast we don't have any kids yet! our sign will say "intelligent children at play"!

Dave July 16, 2008 at 9:01 PM  

everyone,
Ha! I fooled you, okay I used that line from Misty. A long time ago when I was a strapplin', handsome, and younger man I once tried to get Misty to get out of bed on a saturday morning with oreo cookies, by placing a cookie close to her reach, then a little farther, then even farther until Ha! out of bed she came. But, alas she fooled me and jumped back into bed only this time with oreos.
LDS propaganda sucks butt. It comes across like a sale at R.C. Willy, "we're celebrating Don Quote day!" save big! Too bad we cloud up our lives by trying to be something that we are not in real life.

chickychick1975 July 17, 2008 at 5:53 PM  

Hey Zach!! Can you come out and play??????????

Bob July 17, 2008 at 6:29 PM  

I remember when my older brother Steve, you know...Kristin's Husband Steve, yeah him. Anyway, I remember when he got home from his mission he said (now I am paraphrasing here...this did occur over 10 years ago) now remember I'm paraphrasing: Some people say that their mission was the best 2 years of their life... I sure hope not... The Bishop just about had a heart attack. It was priceless.

Bob July 17, 2008 at 6:34 PM  

Just in case it wasn't clear (I felt I needed to clarify after reading my post after posting it... I know, I know you are supposed to do that before you click the big orange "Publish Your Comment" button down there, but anyway...) Steve said what I said he said in his homecoming talk during sacrament meeting... That it what made what I said he said so funny... it wouldn't have been nearly as funny if he had said what I said he said at home with just a couple of people around...just thought I should clear that up...okay then

Dave July 17, 2008 at 9:38 PM  

Bob-
Thanks, no... thank you! For giving up the orange button 'cause once you post man it on the web and there is no going back! I am glad Steve said what he said when he said it. I know every happily married man who served a L.D.S. mission knows that the best was after it was over. That you knew you did the best you could do with the time you were given and come home to your family a better person then when you left. Thanks Bob for cracking me up! You bring a lot to the blog table.

Dave July 17, 2008 at 9:39 PM  

Annie, thanks for your support! I brought out a broom today to weep out my garage and the whole time I felt like that grandpa from the Dennis the Menece show yelling stoopid words like you little miscrients, beat it! I need help.

Gary July 18, 2008 at 11:16 PM  

hey I made my own blog now look for nigtou and you will find me or gary how ever you do it anyway thank you

  © Blogger template 'Fly Away' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP