Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The King and Queen of Si-Am

So my daughter, Kamrynn, was playing ball in the house, just a small rubber bouncing ball. Up and down that hall while I was folding Buzz Lightyear underwear. I would poke my head out into the hall from time to time to make sure no one was thrashing up the place too much. One ocassion in which I was poking my head out to survey some house abuse, I saw my three year old clearly toss the ball to the corner wall, turn to me and say "daddy, where did my ball go?" I looked puzzled at her and replied "in the corner where you watched yourself throw it." Kam-"Oh yeah" and on she goes playing.

Now that made me think a moment about why she would ask me where she clearly threw her ball. My son, in the mean time, has a friend over at the house, they are too busy playing trains when one of the trains turns for the worse and a battery finally gives out. I hear these words from the living room, "oh don't worry my dad can fix that in a jiff." A jiff? But that made me also think, how kids just trust parents for everything. All things, things that parents sometimes have absolutely no clue about but kids hang on to every word said as if it was gospel truth. Then comes the king demanding that he, and his subjects receive their taxes from the peasant (me) in the form of popsicles. Meanwhile the queen bounces in with the royal court and demands that she receive the first pick on account that she is a lady. At this point I feel as though I am over taxed and under appreciated at the same time, but wait there is a slight grin that comes to my face, soon 9:00 p.m. will be here and the spell that is cast on me will be broken-I am free.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Fly Away' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP