Tuesday, June 10, 2008

"Push Her Down The Stairs"

Remember Friends, the t.v. show? You know the song, I'll be there for you.... I would give Misty a season of Friends on DVD for her birthday or for anniversaries or for when I made her mad and needed to make up with her. Well I was wondering if T.V. has lost its luster. I am finding myself un-interested in any sit-com or reality anything shows. I simply turn the t.v. off. I do enjoy Scrubs (a.k.a. the new MASH sorta) and the Office, sometimes My Name is Earl, but other than the news I just don't get where all the entertainment went. So I say push T.V. down the stairs, kick it to the curb because it isn't worth watching anymore. Perhaps I am missing out although I don't feel like it. With the show Friends, it was more of a time when Misty and I could watch something together,laugh a lot, and eat ice cream. Then everyone started naming their kid Emma and ruined it for me. Thanks a lot Emma wherever you are. Does anyone remeber Saturday cartoons? Watching the new Saturday cartoons with my kids makes me sad too. If it isn't one thing it's another, taking away Scoby-Doo and Tiny Toones-Merry Melodies, bugs bunny and company. It's an injustice.

2 comments:

Annie June 11, 2008 at 10:25 AM  

Come on Dave...I know you are a secret Bachelorette fan!!!

The Eggleston family June 11, 2008 at 4:34 PM  

Amen brother! I tried watching cartoons not too long ago and I had to switch to PBS to see what Norm Abrams was up to! Watching him build his contraptions is far more entertaining than poke-hooz-it, or whatever. I'd even be happy even they brought back the Snorkels, a mediocre attempt to copy the smurfs!

  © Blogger template 'Fly Away' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP