Wednesday, June 11, 2008

stephine plumb

Misty did I spell this right? I am not known for my grammer and spelling skills, but that is one of the reasons I married Misty. Last night Misty comes home at midnight, I am waiting for her on the living room couch watching the last half of a crappy Conan O'Brien show when I hear the garage door crack open and the words "are you decent" come from behind. I think, am I decent? That could mean so much, do others consider me decent? Does the Queen of England think I am decent? What must one do to become "decent"? Should there be qualifications, education, or just clothes involved? I also thought what does my wife think I am, Hugh Heffnier lounging around in my smoker's jacket waiting to get some hot action? Decent, eh? From behind the door Misty walks into the room with Lara and they mention tamales, and Stephine Plumb. Stephine Plumb has been the focus of many a conversation these past few months. Stephine Plumb can't vote, can't read, can't wipe her own butt, why you say? Because she isn't real, she doesn't exist and will never really exist. Stephine Plumb is a character in a book that Lara and Misty have enjoyed reading about. Adventures galore because she is a bounty hunter, a worthless bounty hunter who can't seem to close any deal except ones that involve sex with Ranger and Marelli. I have really no point to make, no real problems with Stephine Plumb. I am glad that Misty and Lara find the books interesting and funny. I was just a little taken back on the "are you decent" remark.

7 comments:

Misty Moncur June 11, 2008 at 4:20 PM  

How do you know what kind of deals she closes?

Robert June 11, 2008 at 11:11 PM  

yes, i have heard stories of such books, and from what I gather they are quite inappropriate. I figure anything read late at night is inappropriate, and I would know. Also, I hear they pull good moms away from their families. *shrugs* time to take a bite out of crime.. scruff mcgruff, chicago illinois 60652!!

Misty Moncur June 14, 2008 at 6:33 PM  

Yeah, but I doubt it's worse than South Park.

Kristin Sokol June 24, 2008 at 3:41 PM  

Misty ought to know by now you are never decent. Except for that one time you brought me a minnie mouse pillow case. That was pretty decent, except I'm sure you shoplifted it from I don't know where.

Steve Sokol June 24, 2008 at 7:30 PM  

I like your random cow.

Dave June 24, 2008 at 7:56 PM  

Moo...hoo...moo...hoo...

Bob June 24, 2008 at 9:08 PM  

Listen,

I begin all of my blog with "Listen," as a tribute to my favorite writer Kurt Vonnegut. If you haven't read any of his books I highly recommend it. My brother Steve got me hooked on him. I recommend reading Bluebeard or Breakfast of Champions. He is an amazing writer. He also occasionally draws pictures to help you understand, especially in Breakfast of Champions...
Anyhoo, nice to meet ya, and we'll "blog ya later" (I say "I'll blog ya later to Kristin every time I part ways with her... its sort of our thing its fun)

  © Blogger template 'Fly Away' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP